Check out this cool image by Ibanez.com forum member Cosmitron. These are Cosmitron's ideas for a revival of the Ibanez 540P model, favoured by Testament's Alex Skolnick in the early 90s.An actual Ibanez prototype for a P-series revival was produced by Tak Hosono of the LA Custom Shop in 2006 (check out the photo here), but it was more of an RG-like take with a neck-through body and a more standard control layout. Ibanez didn't approve it, so the guitar was never put into production.

The guitars in Cosmitron's image are a lot more like the original P-series models than the 2006 Ibanez protype, with some modern touches like the Edge Zero trem and new 'lazer' inlays.
What do you think of these designs? I especially like the green one, with that cool pistachio colour offset by the neon green pickups and controls.







4 comments:
I remember the Ibanez P series, I used to get the Ibanez catalogue posted to me when I was at school and drool over all the models! I would never buy one but its a nice idea. By the way I can't get into the Ibanez forums anymore? It just redirects back to the homepage?
They changed the forum address, so if you've bookmarked it you won't find it any more, but it's still accessible through the home page. The new address is http://forum.ibanez.com/
AHA! Thanks Peter! :)
No problem! As you may see I've added a short news story about the change, cos I've noticed people asking this question on quite a few forums.
Post a Comment