Photobucket

Monday, November 10, 2008

NEWS: Random Chatter's virtual Paul Gilbert concert

The Random Chatter Music blog has compiled videos of every song from Paul Gilbert's European tour and assembled a virtual gig that's as close as you're gonna get to being there. 

Here's the intro from Random Chatter:
Loyal Paul Gilbert fans,

OK, here’s probably what you have been waiting for… say you live in America, or Canada, or Greenland, or Asia, or South Africa or something, and you for some reason can’t get to one of these shows on Paul’s current tour. Don’t worry about it.
Here we go, the entire set, song by song, correct order, best/coolest videos (thus far) hand-selected by Jenn. It’s as much of an entire show as humanely possible, but compiled from different show dates throughout the tour.

* I tried to pull material from as many shows as I could, and I tried especially to bring out the positives in otherwise negative (i.e. illness) days, as I believe every show had a lot to offer and none should be skipped!
* Unfortunately, the stuff that’s mostly missing is Paul’s between-songs audience rapport, which is usually really entertaining and very endearing. I wish people would film that, really! I tried to include as much of it as possible.
* I did not film any of these. There are 33 videos in this series.

The material is just stunning. It is very intense and quite interesting. This post covers a lot of ground. If you intend to sit down and watch, be aware it will run about 2.5 hours, probably closer to 3 hours, due to the numerous additions.

The tour lineup is: Paul Gilbert - guitars, vox; Craig Martini - bass, vox; Emi Gilbert - keyboards, vox and Jeff Bowders - percussion. Remaining tour dates are linked on the right —–>; if you can get to any of these shows, do it, you won’t regret it!
There's a really cool section after the main set which features videos of various one-off events at the gigs, including a duet with Greg Howe and a rockin' rendition of Mr Big's "Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy" which sounds really raw and powerful with Paul's vocals.

CLICK HERE to buy Paul Gilbert & Freddie Nelson's new CD, 'United States' from CDJapan.co.jp

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2008 Peter Hodgson unless otherwise noted. Email Me! Privacy Policy FAQ Mobile Version