Photobucket

Sunday, March 29, 2009

WONDERHOWTO: How to avoid fret buzz on an electric guitar with techniques

I was just cruising site sponsor WonderHowTo's site and stumbled upon this video, which originates from Music Radar, about avoiding fret buzz. This is a topic that's near and dear to my heart because I keep one of my guitars (a 1987 Ibanez RG550) set up with extremely low action, and if you play with a heavy hand on that one you will get fret buzz.

If your business or band is interested in advertising on I Heart Guitar, email me at iheartguitarblog@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to post. I'm surprised by ho wlittle people actually know about how action, technique and playability work together. I got a friend who always tries to tell me my action s too high but hsi is so low it chokes the strings sustain on every note. Yet, there are others who tell em that there should be no buzz what so ever on a well set up elctric guitar. And when their technique 'causes it they immediately blame their guitar.

Kids these days!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2008 Peter Hodgson unless otherwise noted. Email Me! Privacy Policy FAQ Mobile Version